Friday, April 22, 2011

a blanket for sophia

as i did with each of the boys,
i've made a special blanket for sophia!
owen and aiden even "helped" me with it today...
(they held the reverse switch on the machine
when i had to "force" thick parts through with both hands)
here, they were more than willing to help model
the progress we made:


a close up of some of the patterns:


for the quilting part, i attempted a new style,
which included making MANY little flowers!
we were surrounded by flower parts!!





but i'm so happy with the result:



i had almost not finished this quilt
b/c i wasn't happy with my materials for backing.
i finally put my foot down and went to joann fabrics
and found this simply sweet aqua to go with!
(bonus: it was on sale!!)
originally, i wanted to stay away from blues, just b/c she is a she...
so glad my mom was with me to help "talk me into it"!


guess it's official now though!
she can TOTALLY COME and i'm as ready as i'm gonna be!!

2 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous, Kristy! I'm so impressed that you made each of your baby quilts.
    Love the colors--and what good little helpers you have. :-)
    It's a great feeling to be allll ready for baby to arrive! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket turned out beautifully, and I am ready for her too. I need another princess! Maybe if she baked just a little longer...easy for me to say, huh? She will come when ready, OR when the Dr. says she is ready. I love you both, I love you ALL. x0x0

    ReplyDelete