Saturday, July 17, 2010

my first quilt

as you know, i got a sewing machine for mothers day. i have been itching to sew and now have several projects -some are finished, some are pending, some are still just dreams!
one of the things i wanted to do most was quilt. my baby sister is having her first baby, so who better to make a quilt for, right?!?
her shower is today so i have been waiting to post this until i knew for sure that her surprise wouldn't be ruined. below are a few pictures of the process. it is not a perfect quilt, but i think it's extra special b/c it was made from the picking out of the fabrics to the last stitch just for my new little nephew!
i don't know how much of his little life i will get to see (as we're planning to move to africa), but i hope he [and his momma] think of me and how much i love them both every time they look at it!!!
overall, it was a good project and i'm glad i did it.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I appreciate the encouragement. Wow, I didn't know you had a blog! It's such a beautiful one and the photos are awesome. It's so obvious that God is working through your family and blessing you. your boys are beautiful and growing so fast. I will pray you can go to Africa and that God will provide the support you need. God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy! Thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog. I didn't know you had a blog, too. It's really beautiful, especially all the photos of your growing family. I will pray for you today as you head to Africa and raise support. I am thankful for your family for how faithful you are to Jesus and what a bright light you are in a dark place. Blessings to you!
    -Danielle Krammel

    ReplyDelete