Sunday, April 12, 2009

'je-shus'

i have been trying to teach o not only the simple things he needs to learn, but also the most important things. even if o never learns to read or write, i want him to know about his god! as you can see, he is 100% boy and doesn't want to sit even to sing a song (esp when he's the star of the show) but i am starting to see him put pieces together! with easter at hand, i have been trying to get o to answer simple questions. yesterday as we went over it again, he began telling me about it. i asked him, 'owen, who died on the cross?' and he responded with 'je-shus'. he started thinking out loud and amungst the ramblings he uttered the words 'from the bible'. he often sings words to the songs he is remembering like 'je-shus vuvs me' or the one below, and it makes my heart happy to hear him explain to me what he understands!

his song:

my god is so BIG so fong and so mine-y theres nothing my god cannot do fo
foo!!!

the real words and to follow his motions:

my god is so big, so strong, and so mighty, there's nothing my god cannot do for you.

the mountains are his, the rivers are his, the stars in the sky are his too...

No comments:

Post a Comment